Due to icy road conditions trash pick up for the City of Boyd will be delayed until Tuesday and Friday this week.
The City Council Meeting scheduled for March 4, 2014, has been cancelled due to the statewide primary election being held at the Boyd Community Center on that date. Our next council meeting will be on March 18, 2014
PHOTO ID NOW REQUIRED FOR VOTING IN TEXAS
AUSTIN, TX - Texas Secretary of State John Steen announced that photo identification will now be required when voting in Texas elections. His announcement follows a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court that cleared the way for photo ID requirements in Texas, originally passed by the Texas Legislature in 2011, to take effect.
For more information visit your county's website listed below. Voter registration applications are available in the City Secretary's Office or through the Texas Secretary of State. People who have not previously registered to vote, or have moved from another county, will need to register with the county clerk in the county they reside. Once you have registered to vote you should receive your card within 30 days.
Wise County Elections Administrator
Texas Secretary of State
To be eligible to register in Texas, you must:
-be a U.S. citizen
-be a resident of the county
-be 18 years old (you may register at 17 years and 10 months)
-not be a convicted felon (unless a person's sentence is completed, including any probation or parole)
-not be declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law
Until further notice, the Raymond Jordan Public Library will be closed for repairs!
New Brush Policy August 5, 2013
At the July 16, 2013, City Council meeting the Boyd City Council decided that, in order to expedite the cleanup of brush and limbs in the city limits, the following plan shall be carried out:
1. The City of Boyd will hire a private contractor to do a full pick up of residential limbs and brush inside the city limits of Boyd.
2. Once the contractor has completed the clean it shall be the resident's responsibility to dispose of future limbs and brush.
3. The City of Boyd maintains a brush and limbs clause in the contract with Progressive Waste Management, the waste collection company for the City of Boyd. If the resident wishes for the limbs and brush to be picked up by Progressive Waste Management then they must fasten the limbs and brush securely together into a bundle that must not exceed forty-eight (48) inches in length or width and/or fifty (50) pounds. Limbs and brush will be picked up by Progressive Waste Management on Thursdays only.
4. If the resident's brush and limbs exceed the bundle criteria, but is less than 2.5 cubic feet, which is basically the size of the bed of a pickup truck, then the resident may call Boyd City Hall and request a pick up for a fee of $25.
City of Boyd
Public Works Dept.
In order to preserve the City's ground water supply and follow the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality's water conservation efforts, effective immediately, it is necessary that the City of Boyd water customers adhere to the following water conservation matters:
- Residential addresses ending in an even number (0,2,4,6 and 8) may only water Wednesdays before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- Residential addresses ending in an odd number (1,3,5,7 and 9) may only water on Thursdays before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- Non-residential locations may only water on Tuesdays before 10 a.m. or after 6p.m.
- Foundations may be watered up to 2 hours on any day using a handheld hose placed within 24 inches of the foundation and does not produce a spray above the ground ( soaker hose)
- New landscaping is discouraged
- Private well use is not subject