Due to the Thanksgiving holiday trash pick up in the City of Boyd will not be picked up on Thursday, Nov 28 ( Thanksgiving Day), but will instead be on Friday, November29. Pick up will go back to regular Monday & Thursday pick up next week. Thank you and have a wonderful holiday!
New Brush Policy August 5, 2013
At the July 16, 2013, City Council meeting the Boyd City Council decided that, in order to expedite the cleanup of brush and limbs in the city limits, the following plan shall be carried out:
1. The City of Boyd will hire a private contractor to do a full pick up of residential limbs and brush inside the city limits of Boyd.
2. Once the contractor has completed the clean it shall be the resident's responsibility to dispose of future limbs and brush.
3. The City of Boyd maintains a brush and limbs clause in the contract with Progressive Waste Management, the waste collection company for the City of Boyd. If the resident wishes for the limbs and brush to be picked up by Progressive Waste Management then they must fasten the limbs and brush securely together into a bundle that must not exceed forty-eight (48) inches in length or width and/or fifty (50) pounds. Limbs and brush will be picked up by Progressive Waste Management on Thursdays only.
4. If the resident's brush and limbs exceed the bundle criteria, but is less than 2.5 cubic feet, which is basically the size of the bed of a pickup truck, then the resident may call Boyd City Hall and request a pick up for a fee of $25.
City of Boyd
Public Works Dept.
In order to preserve the City's ground water supply and follow the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality's water conservation efforts, effective immediately, it is necessary that the City of Boyd water customers adhere to the following water conservation matters:
- Residential addresses ending in an even number (0,2,4,6 and 8) may only water Wednesdays before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- Residential addresses ending in an odd number (1,3,5,7 and 9) may only water on Thursdays before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- Non-residential locations may only water on Tuesdays before 10 a.m. or after 6p.m.
- Foundations may be watered up to 2 hours on any day using a handheld hose placed within 24 inches of the foundation and does not produce a spray above the ground ( soaker hose)
- New landscaping is discouraged
- Private well use is not subject